The Governing Body at St George sets the direction of our school
Our governing body is responsible for the strategic leadership of our school, working to ensure that we deliver a good quality education. Together with the head teacher who is responsible for the day-to-day management, it sets the school's aims and policies.
The Governors also carry out a number of other important duties, including:
- overseeing the school’s budget
- helping with the appointment of staff
- making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
- monitoring the performance of the school e.g. in key stage tests
- advising on school policies and procedures
- providing a vital means for parents and the community to get their views heard by the governing body as a whole.
In addition as governors of a Church of England school, the Governors support St George’s distinctively Christian ethos and values.